Search Site
Divorce and Separation

SEPARATION – We don’t use the words “legal separation” in Florida, but what we do have is the same thing.  We call it “alimony and support without dissolution of marriage.”  What that means is that those are the only things you can deal with.  No division of property – real or personal – no division of debt, except as it relates to the support issue.  I have found that whenever I file a Petition for Alimony and Support without Dissolution of Marriage, the other side generally files a Counterpetition for Dissolution of Marriage.  Which means it’s probably better to be clear about what each of you wants before you file.

Contact us

Please fill out the form below and one of our attorneys will contact you.

Quick Contact Form

Our Office
  • Mailing Address
    P.O. Box 1930
    Alachua, Florida 32616
    Phone: 386-462-5157
    Fax: 386-462-1996
  • Alachua Office
    14811 NW 140th Street
    Alachua, Florida 32615
    Phone: 386-462-5157
    Fax: 386-462-1996
  • 9.3Kathleen Carol Fox Kathleen Carol FoxReviewsout of 3 reviews